Bild Stalag VII A Moosburg and other POW camps
Bild Stalag VII A Moosburg et autres camps de prisonniers de guerre

Moderator: Jordi

noff
Mitglied

I search...:Valentine Tolstov

Beitragvon noff » 24.07.2008, 07:27

Hello!
I search the information about my grandfather.

I have very little Memoirs and documents about my grandfather.

Bild

My grandfather Valentine Tolstov Vasilevich (Толстов Валентин Васильевич, Tolstow V(W)alentin).
Was born on April, 13th, 1918 in village Filippovka of Utevskiy raion of Kujbyshevskaya oblast' of the USSR.
My grandfather was in The Red Army of Soviet Union (RKKA).
He Has begun army service in 1940.
My grandfather was in structure of 209 Artillery regiment of support of the shooting unit. 6 army and 26 army (later). Southwest front. Ukraine.
My grandfather was the gunner and the senior clerk in a staff. The grandfather was sergeant.
In the beginning of war with fascists my grandfather was in the Western Ukraine (Lviv).
In September, 1941 there were strong fights around Kiev and Dnepr-river.
The Soviet armies receded on the east sustaining huge losses.
A regiment of my grandfather has been destroyed. My grandfather has been wounded and taken in a captivity.
He escaped from a prisoner-of-war camp. He was hidden in the Ukrainian villages. The Ukraine has been occupied by fascists. He has been caught by invaders and sent in a concentration camp later.
It is sent in a concentration camp beside city Essen and beside city Düsseldorf later.
My grandfather was in German captivity till 1945 (with english, franch soldier and german non-nazi peoples). In (april or may) 1945 the concentration camp was released with American armies.
My grandfather has come back home.
Communists deprived his rank of the veteran. The reason was in "the prison was released by Americans army"...
Only in 1982 my grandfather has received the rank of the veteran.
He died in 1984.
I search for any information. I shall be grateful to references or documents.
Probably your grandfather was in a captivity with my grandfather.
Write on mail: [email protected]
Thanks.

Zurück zu „Stalag VII A“